Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Shek Mun training Day 3: only 8km!!

My performance is definitely going down!

Went to Shek Mun today, worked out in the gym then went down to the water.  I actually did better in the gym -- toiled on the stepping machine for the first time (20mins), managed to finish 3 sets of 20 dips (ballistic), and 3 sets of 20 sit ups.  Couldn't finish the pushups (did 3 sets of 10) and the pull ups (20/20/15) though.   

Only paddled one round, finished the 7km in exactly one hour, easy arithmetic, so I don't think I made a calculation error -- my speed has dropped!

And I only did 8 km today.  I could get down to the water to paddle now (I'm at Fred's), but it's like pulling teeth.  I'm really too tired to go on.  I don't think I can quite follow Fan Goh's program.  So I'll have to talk to him tomorrow.

And I might end up trying to follow Siu Ming's: i.e. 40% land workouts, 60% water works, with study/research time in between.  21k+ a day is fine, but not if I didn't spend as much time working on cardiovascular and strength.  More to the point, I get to take a break once or twice a week to let my paddling muscle recover.

Dreading the KAT tomorrow, I know I won't be able to perform normally; the DB->SMBWSC -> DB trip had me whipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment