Saturday, June 13, 2009

Played hookey

I failed.  FAILED.  

I didn't paddle today, and there is no way I could cover 20k in the nest 90 minutes before midnight.

It's no use crying over spilt milk, so I'm just going to have to make it up tomorrow, and commit to never let it happen again.  (then again, if I'm just counting 24 hours intervals, I can still make it up if I get down to the water before 4am)

BTW, Paul Caffyn wrote back, so that's pretty exciting.  He warned me to be prepared for many surf-landings,  To be honest it's something I welcome, something I look forward to.  But the "surf" zones in HK are pretty lame, which means my experience is very limited.  And more than anything, I think my nerves can't handle a series of daily "accidental seal landing" for 90 days in a row. 

Which means I need to be prepared.  Which means I'm going to pack my gears, write my route plan for tomorrow, and go to sleep now and train hard before the sun rise.  Paul said he likes my signature -- "the more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in combat."  That's encouraging; I hope I'm doing something right.


No comments:

Post a Comment