Thursday, June 11, 2009

Great White in NZ

Mucking around in the house due to thunderstorm.  Truth be told, I just want to stay dry today.  How am I going to finish my 20-30km assignment...?

Doing some readings about dolphins and sharks in NZ; I don't know why I'm so obsessed about them, I think I have a better chance of being struck by lightning than bitten by one of these creatures.

Globally, there were 61 unprovoked shark attacks in 2004, according to The International Shark Attack File at the Florida Museum of Natural History. Seven people died. There were also 15 provoked attacks (typically a diver bit after grabbing a shark or a fisherman bit while removing a shark from a net) and 12 cases of sharks biting boats. The global total was down slightly from recent years but still part of an upward trend overall.

I know.  12 isn't much.  But still, hate to be part of that statistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment