Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lantau SE run

I was surprised to find out Dennis went up to mainland China today; so I called up Siu Ming last minute to arrange for safety calls.

Siu Ming called back to find out which boat I was paddling, who I'm with, etc, in case he needs to make a police report.  But I had my brand new waterproof MP3 player on and didn't pick up the phone ... so typical. =_='

That reminds me, I should organize my route info in case I need to call up someone else for safe calls.  I should also post picture of my kayaks, in case of potential SAR.

4:50 DB 
5:06 Marina
5:33 Mui Wo
6:12 Ha So Pai
6:18 Nav Beacon 177
6:50 Yi Long Wan

6:59 turn at the rock/headland where I can see Pui O (13.4km)

7:39 Nav Beacon 177
8:22 Mui Wo
9:07 DB

So I did 26.8km and then some.  It was dark by the time I got back to Yi Long and I had to more or less hug the coastline.

No comments:

Post a Comment