Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hei Ling Chau Sunset

Snapped a shot at HLC/ Sunny Island as the sun went down.  I used to get irrationally scared when it gets dark and I'm still out on the water, looks like I'm finally getting used to it now.


Finally it's time to change the batteries in my C-strobe, I've been using it since I came back to HK in March, (but I don't think I started night navigation till April) so I'm pretty impressed with it.  Speaking of, the batteries didn't die entirely, the strobe light still goes off brightly, but it went from the original 60 strobes per minute to one strobe per 29 seconds!! 

And it must be a bad equipment day, because my blue "emergency grab kit" bottle finally broke.  Very sad to let it go, looks like I'll have to hunt down another wide-brim water bottle for my electronic gears again.

Spend the morning corresponding with Grahame again, I'm starting to like the Kiwis, they seem like a friendly bunch :)  Anyway, didn't launch until late in the evening, then I ended up bullshitting with a gweilo on Tai Pak, so I didn't get onto my yak till after 5.


1717 DB Tai Pak
1724 Pincher
1805 Siu Kau Yu Chau
1833 Arr Sunny Island
1901 Arr. Hei Ling Chau
1909 ... saw the Dam ...
1922 rounded the end of Dam1
1930 rounded the bent on the second dam
1939 left HLC pier
* * * got lost in the dark again and ended up in Nim Shue Wan
2015 Marina 
2021 Pincher
2031 DB Tai Pak



No comments:

Post a Comment