Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Finally finished JLPT

4th of July -- no celebration for me, just last minute cramming and studying.  My only excuse is: you can cram information into your head; you can't cram training and daylight.

Dad asked me, "why aren't you paddling today?  It's nice and cloudy."  Seriously, I never thought I would live to see the day when daddy told me off for not playing outside due to an immanent exam.  

5th of July -- Wrote JLPT, then went to Stanley SMB to attend the KPG lecture/ trip briefing with Siu Ming.

Exam went okay; as expected, I find vocab, listening and reading comprehension quite easy.  But I might as well just bring a dice or two for the grammar section.  

I sort of stayed up late to study (I had the audiobooks on while I tried to sleep anyway, and I stayed up till 0300) so I was tired when I got home.  Decided not to train.

Today (as in the 6th) ... well, there was no excuse.  Except my back/ neck really really hurts, probably because I haven't sat still in front of a desk for so long to study.  

So I finally dragged myself down to the gym with a book in hand.  
Cycled for 2 hrs at Level 4 (random hills) -- according to the machine, that's 68km.  Whatever, I stayed where I was the whole time, in front of the picture window, so stupid.

Then I decided to just go through each equipment available in the gym.  Turns out there is a proper inclining bench for situps afterall.  And there is a set for working the back muscle that simulates pull ups -- so I no longer have to dangle myself precariously off the bars.

Siu Ming said I should still show up in Shatin now and then to work with the program.  Ho hum.  I wish Fan goh would let me paddle there, it's so criminally stupid to have to bus for 5 hrs just for 3 hrs of paddling.

My bum hurts from the cycling, better get some sleep now.  Don't want to miss paddling tomorrow. (It's gonna be a HOT day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment