Monday, July 20, 2009

Dream Interpretation

I need a dream interpreter.

Last night, I launched rather late, it was pitch dark by the time I got to the NE side of Peng Chau, so the entire journey was a bit ... frightening.

Then I worked out in the gym, and met Kam to chat about kayaking, he told me about his fears of open water, of sea creatures...

* * *

In my dream I paddled Martlet out to some far away places to meet a group of Hongkie paddlers lead by Siu Ming, the plan was for me to join their group excursion, and we will have lunch together.

But then a small foreigner child appears lost on the beach, and she was severely sun burnt. Siu Ming tried to help the girl, but I speak better English.  I agreed to take the girl to the life guard station and help her find her parents and maybe interpret for her while she receives medical attention, while the kayak group launch.  I will catch them up later, because Martlet can travel faster than their Perception seakayaks.

One thing lead to another, by the time we managed to contact the girl's parents, it was very late.  I called Siu Ming to find out where they were, but I couldn't understand the instruction he gave -- suddenly I wasn't in Hong Kong anymore, I was in some unknown place, with unknown rivers and open water and islands.

Eventually I decided not to launch, but I still need to paddle my kayak home, and I didn't know where I was, and it was too late even for me to paddle home.  So I left Martlet by the river bank and took public transits home.

I "woke up" in my dream to realize I had forgotten to tie Martlet down, and the tide was rising.  I tried to hurry back to the river bank, only to realize I have no idea where that is, or how to get there.  I asked other boaters, I asked shop owners by the river, nobody knows.

Suddenly there was a crowd, they were watching something spectacular.  I walked over to see what's happening, turns out they were admiring two tornado twisting and dancing across the sky, and finally descending all the way to the water.

I was terrified: where is Martlet?  She would never survive a tornado!

Then I woke up (for real this time) filled with grief and guilt, only to realize, I already checked Martlet and Taurus after the cat-1 storm yesterday, and they are both okay.  (Not so sure about the seahorse in SK though.)

Funny girl, I am.

Yesterday:

1806 DB Tai Pak
1810 North "Pincher" of DB
1823 Sam Pak

1837 Sam Pak
1922 Peng Chau NE (didn't round KYC, because it was getting dark, so I turned around en route and paddled over to PC instead)
1933 Peng Chau SE
1947 Peng Chau Promenade 
1955 South Pincher of DB
2018 DB

Again, the jumping fishes were spectacular.  Their ghostly silver-white skin shown like a large breaking wave on the dark water surface.  A few of them jumped into my boat again, I still couldn't help screaming out loud when they bounced and wiggled on my lap; and I hate the "cute fragile high pitch schoolgirl" culture. (I know, I'm properly ashamed of myself.)


No comments:

Post a Comment