Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Another DB sea-kayaker

Gym:
1 hr cycling (L4, "34km")
one set of everything except for the reverse squat -- a gweilo was using it and I got cold waiting for him to finish his set.  I mean, he kept loading it up with more and more weight, I'll probably break my back trying to unload it.

Paddling: Used my old 22k route.

1600 DB
1641 Rounded the corner of Kau Yi Chau (drifted too far North due to wind and current and wasted a lot of time paddling back south ... I need to learn to work with the element more.)
1704 - Sunny Is. NE
1738 - Hei Ling Chau S
1813 - Hei Ling W. (Pier)
1845 - Marina 
* * * Met Mark, chatted for a while, silly me, totally forgot the fact that I had my cellphone with me...
1905 - DB

I've been moaning and whining in my head for some times, "why do I have to do push ups to train for kayaking??  I don't use my chest muscles!"

Well, I got a bit sore from the gym workout today, then went straight down to the water.  Ha!  Funny how I thought you don't use your chest muscles for paddling.  I was quite sore when I started paddling, but the lactic acid faded away after a short while.

No comments:

Post a Comment