Saturday, July 11, 2009

DB to SMB to DB route plan (2)

My second crossing.  Expecting really heavy sea tomorrow, so there is a chance that I'll have to turn around at some point.  Worse yet, I may have to call the trip off all together.

[Solo]
Boat: Martlet
Paddle: Kiska
planning to wear the yellow PFD
Will have my cell phone handy for distress calls and weather updates.

The Kau Yi - Green Is. crossing is too intense for my liking; so I made up a new route:
DB  0 km
Tai Lee 2.5km
Peng Chau SW 3.5km
Sunny Is. E 6km
Lamma PKT 13km
Lamma Wong Chuk Kok 19km
Stanley Bluff Head (aka Wong Ma Kok) 25km
Lo Chau 27.5km
SMBWSC 30km

The idea is that I won't have to cross the East Lamma Channel at all if I have to turn around at 0700. Plus, I'm familiar with the Lamma coastline, so I'll know where to find an emergency ditch site and plan an escape route if it comes down to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment