Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fred's to TMT (solo) Trip Log

10-May-Sunday: Fred's to TMT and back to Fred, with CLG day two in between.

That said, I mostly played the patient and let them rescue me during CLG.  Making me tow boats and carry patients on a 38km day is just a little bit mean.  And even though I'm getting more efficient at emptying my kayaks in deep water, it still drains a lot of energy -- especially since you have to jump out into the water.  

Oh, and lunch was goOOod.  I was so hungry I could have ate the plates.

Forgot to bring a bottle of water, was as dehydrated as a sun-dried tomato by the time I got to the Police Check Point in Tolo Channel.  They seem really nice though, invited me to take a break on the pontoon and gave me a bottle of water to drink.  They seemed surprised that I paddled all the way from Tai Tan, I didn't even tell them that I was heading for Tai Po, or that I had to head back to Tai Tan on the same day!

On my way back, another kayaker with a winged racing paddle on a tiger kayak came alongside me and we chatted for a while.  Gosh, he paddles fast!  But he thought I was crazy to paddle to Tai Tan.  You know, grass really is greener on the other side!

  • 0600: struggling to keep my eyes open, let the dogs out, had to rumble through the pile to look for a tiger that looks like it could maybe stay afloat.
  • 0705: launched from under the bridge (Tai Tan)
  • 0730: Nam Fung Kok
  • 0747: Ocean Point
  • 0820: Police Check Point (Tolo Channel), 5 minutes water break
  • 0925: Pak Sa Tau Tsui (South Tip of the dam) --> current picked up around 0900, it was a following sea
  • 0950: Landing in TMTWSC slipway
  • 1000 - 1515: CLG practice (Tow, carry, throwline), lunch
  • 1515: Launched from TMT boy scout slipway
  • 1543: Pak Sa Tau Tsui -- much stronger wind once I was outside the protection of the dam.  Head wind an current.
  • 1729: Heung Lo Kok
  • 1746: Sam Po Shek
  • 1756: Ocean Point
  • 1810: Nam Fung Kok
  • 1825: ...? (Part of Lion Ground?)
  • 1850: South tip of Lion-Ground
  • 1856: Landed (low tide O_O)


No comments:

Post a Comment