Wednesday, May 27, 2009

CLG snafu, and first paddle with Phil

Am supposed to take Martlet and meet Phil at 0700 tomorrow for some DB paddling; but the monsoon is back and I want to do something aggressive, like a visit to HK south.  I've never worked with Phil before though, so I don't know if I can even work out a rescue with him under fair weather condition, let alone a monsoon in turbulent HK south.

To complicate things, I'm also supposed to practice CLG in TMT with Sam and his gangs ... again, I'm caught in the eye of the club-politic storm.  Turns out the CU didn't post an official memo on the first aid requirement, so TM continues to defy verbal instructions from the CU and certify lifeguards w/o recognized FA certificates.  It's a sensitive issue, and Siu Ming wasn't supposed to know about it, but I already told him that I'm sitting the CLG exam this Sunday at TM, sans FA certificate.  You really can't be friend and be up front with everybody these days.  It ... sucks.

Anyway, was on the water in SSB today, windsurfing a full batton 5.5m shell.  I did okay in the morning, but was thoroughly whipped in the afternoon, when the wind got gusty and shifty.  I felt sure that I would be fine with a kayak though.  Having said that, I'm still not familiar with Martlet, so I shouldn't assume I can perform as well as I did in a tiger.

Better get some sleep soon.  I'm going to have another stressful day of fighting the monsoon plus trying to please everyone in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment