Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A break

Today is the first day I'm not on the water since May.  I was going to do a month-long water-logged marathon, the Cheung Tsui disaster is as good a motivation as it's going to get.

My muscle aches a little but I'm not complaining, I think my body is doing what it can do get used to it.  What really irks me is the salt blisters.  I don't think I can work my skin the same way I work my muscle, in other words, I don't think the lesion would "just go away" if I bite the bullet.

So I made a decision to stay dry today.  Stayed home to surf the Internet, squabbled on the forums, and trying to finish the last book of Ender's saga (it's actually Bean's saga now.)  Oh, played my "childhood game" FF7 too. (Spend maybe an hour or two chocobo racing, didn't advance the game plot though.)  And I started downloading ebooks on the mule again.  Dang, if I'm not careful, I'll get sucked into buying another harddisk again.

Back on the water tomorrow, but am going to take the easy way out and take advantage of the wind (sail).  I'll paddle again when the wind dies down this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment