Friday, September 11, 2009

21km route from Tai Tan (and fecked by the HKO)

Got fecked by the HKO AGAIN.  What "moderate" wind blows me completely off course and into the pit of Nam Fung Wan!?

Very strong wind, at least a BF6 IMO.  Had difficulties maintaining course in the beam wind, especially in the stretch along Nam Fung Wan where it was directly exposed to KLW.  Also needed to use stern rudder to maintain course between KLW and Sze Tei on my way back.  I can't be that out of shape, I only "rested" (hiked instead) for a few days.  But I'm awfully tired from the short 21km journey.  I don't believe for a second that the wind out there is "moderate."

Tai Tan: 12:44

NFK 1:20

Ocean Pt 1:39

Bluff Head 2:15

Check Chau East ??? <-- was admiring the energy waves pounding against the rocks and got so distracted that I nearly paddled into the exposed rocks myself.  Didn't remember to check the time at all.

Kung Chau 3:20

KLW  3:56

Sze Tei: 4:32

Fred's: 4:38

No comments:

Post a Comment