Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Disney-Invasion

Walked down the beach around 1100am this morning, but I forgot to bring my watch so didn't feel very brave about a longish trip.  Instead, I spend about half an hour rolling with a p-float, then invaded Disney.

Fairly calm water before noon, but the wind picked up later.  I saw the familiar fishnet-casting boat again; I was surprised at how near shore it was casting the nets.  Since it's towing a net and moves very slowly, I couldn't wait for it to pass and had to dance around a bit to avoid collision.  It seems to shadow me every time I launch from DB around noon, it's quite  annoying.

Finally found my way into Disney's river.  The entrance is very narrow and camouflaged with a large rock.  I was worried that I couldn't turn around and will have to paddle backward on my way out, but it widens up nicely once you get past the bottleneck entrance.  Water is really calm, but the noises and music from Disney was a bit unnerving.  I saw something floating and bubbling in the water and for a few seconds I thought it was a croc ^_^;;;   Oh, there were quite a few birds flying and landing in the rocking side of the river too, so it felt like I've entered some sort of sanctuary.  

There were 3 slipways, I landed Martlet and walked up the middle one into Disney.  Didn't go very far though, I didn't have a towline and didn't like to leave Martlet unattended.

The river is clean as far as littering, but there were quite a bit of slimy stuff along the slipway.  I'm not keen to put my head under that water.

I thought it would be a easy paddle for beginners, and thought about inviting Anna to see if she feels brave enough, I don't think you're very likely to capsize in there.  That said, it's quite a narrow passage, so if she can't control her boat, she might run aground.


No comments:

Post a Comment