Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Circumnavigating Peng Chau



Was supposed to windsurf today, but after spending all day pumping and yanking on the rig yesterday, I gave up.  Got up late, had half a bottle of red wine + ramen for brunch, then decided to take Martlet out for a paddle.

Was so drunk I forgot to put my wallet and keys into my dry bag (I mean my nalgene,) also forgot to grab my cap and sunglasses.  Memorized the arrival time of a lot of my checkpoints, but by the time I washed up and walked home, I forgot most of the numbers.  Oh, and for some reasons I decided to leave my PFD at the beach when I launch.  So, don't drink and paddle.

(That is to say, the only gear I had was: me, kayak, crappy paddle, and a cellphone in a nalgene)

The surfing along the southern shore of Peng Chau was a lot of fun, I'm surprised nobody snap a photo of me speeding :)  

* * * For next time * * *
  • Bring water... =_=
  • Bring a notepad
  • set the footrest and rudder
  • Bring a paddle float!!!
Boat: Martlet
Paddle: That heavy, spoon-shaped, soft bladed paddle
BF 4-5, Southeast
launched at 1353 into headwind, 
paddled 9.11km, 
landed 1525 
average speed = 9.11km/92min = 5.94 km/hr 

No comments:

Post a Comment